*Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoy my randomness...  as you'll see, the tone of my blog changes daily, but yeah... if you have a moment, visit me on MySpace as well!

And don't forget - if you like what you read here, totally disagree, or are merely entertained  - subscribe!!!
                                                                      ---------------------------->


Friday, February 20, 2009

Hollywood/NewportBeach/Vegas

Ahhhhh so I just got back from a whirlwind trip out west. I was gone for 10 incredibly busy days... took a ton of pictures, and thought I'd share a few of them on here! :)

First of all... the day we left I had to get up at 2am - NOT FUN... but it was totally worth it because I flew to Cali with my hubby, Joel, and my brother and law and just as we came off the plane, my brother in law dropped to one knee and proposed to his beautiful girlfriend, Malki!



It was quite an exciting morning! So after that, we spent the day in Newport Beach catching up with our friends there. The next day, Joel and I headed up to Hollywood. We had some people to meet there, but also, I wanted to take Joel to the Kodak theater and show him around where I stayed when I was out there for Idol.






Over the next few days we relaxed in Newport... shopped... sat in the sun... and did a whole lotta nothin'. It was great!




After a couple days, my family joined us as well...



THEN... we headed to Vegas for an evening! Our friends took us to see Jersey Boys which was the most incredible show I have EVER seen... I recommend it to ANYONE! AMAZING music, AMAZING acting... just incredible. However, on our drive UP to vegas, we encountered a bit of a traffic jam. For two straight hours we were PARKED on the highway. yep. PARKED. Apparently a truck had caught fire and they had to close everything down while they cleared the roads. It was nuts!


So, two hours late, we arrived in Vegas and had to rush to get ready for dinner and the show. I've got a few more pictures to show ya, but for some reason my internet is being weird and not letting me upload anymore... so that's all for now. I'll edit this post as soon as i'm able to and show you the rest!

Buy yeah, the trip was amazing. It was so great to be out there and to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen in a while.... AND it looks like we'll be headed back there this summer for my brother in law's wedding! :) So exciting! Again, congrats Nathan & Malki! :)

1 comment:

Deb said...

OK ~ so I'm a dork. "Cali" means "California" not "Cali the cutest dog in the world, except for Sasha". Miss seeing you & the fam! Glad you had such a wonderful time. BTW ~ have I told you lately that you are loved?! You ARE!!!